News

Agha waqar Ahmed invent water fuel kit or cars motor Bike (hydrogen+oxigen H2O electrolysis)

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Asad Mehmood’s out-of-this world dream



There are people though, who do not have access to half the resources I do in Pakistan who do not give up. Asad Mehmood is such a guy. He hails from Okara and at the tender age of 18 built himself the 6th largest telescope in Pakistan
The first time I gazed at the sky in fascination was on a clear night on an off-road trip in Hingol, Balochistan. I had never seen a sky so full of stars and stood awe struck at the beauty and magnificence of the heavens. Naturally, my next impulse was to buy a telescope powerful enough to see them up close. I found this to be a very costly venture as telescopes, especially good ones are expensive. So I proceeded to scrounge for details on how to build one on the Internet.
When I discovered that building one requires an array of optics not easily found and of considerable expense, I gave up this pursuit as well. There are people though, who do not have access to half the resources I do in Pakistan who do not give up. Asad Mehmood is one such guy. He hails from Okara and at the age of 18 he built the 6th largest telescope in Pakistan. This guy is super cool – here’s The Express Tribune magazine story on him.
How did he do this?
I caught up with him at a local event to ask him just that! Readmore Asad Mehmood’s out-of-this world dream

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More